2015LSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsF5 APPLIANCELSU HSC SHV ITG
INTRODUCTIONThe purpose of this document is to provide instructions for connecting to LSUHSC-S campus resources from off campususing a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection.A VPN extends the secure, private LSUHSC-S network across a public network, such as the Internet. It enables users tosend and receive data as if their computer was directly connected to the private LSUHSC-S network, benefiting fromLSUHSC-S functionality, resource access, and security/management policies.LSUHSC-S has three types of VPN connections, and the steps to connect will vary based on your computer type and thenature of the connection you wish to establish.1. The Full VPN Client is the preferred method of connection. This establishes a persistent and secure connectionbetween your computer and the LSUHSC-S network and provides the most robust access to network resources.This method is the most secure VPN option and is recommended for computers that will connect to the VPN on aregular basis, such as LSUHSC-S issued laptops, personal laptops, and home computers. The VPN Client isdownloaded and installed onto your computer and allows you to establish the connection from the client itself.Instructions for installing the VPN Client for various types of computer are found on pages 3-11.2. The secondary method is the SSL-VPN connection. This connection is recommended for shared or publiccomputers where you will only be connecting once or episodically, such as internet cafes, libraries or other accesspoints that you may visit when traveling, where there is limited technical support, or when connecting viamachines that you do not regularly control. The connection is established through a web-browser and only allowsaccess to certain types of resources such as the Health Sciences Library and Outlook Web Access. Instructions forinstalling the SSL-VPN for various types of computers are found on pages 3-11.3. The Portal Desktop Connection. The portal connection presents a “desktop of services” such as Outlook WebAccess and the Library website. By logging into the LSUHSC-S portal page, you create a VPN connection that willallow you to access these specific resources without logging in again. This is the recommended connection foraccessing these resources on public computers.LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 1 of 31
LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 2 of 31
ContentsLSUHSC-S VPN Client (Full Client). 4Download & Configure VPN Client – Internet Explorer . 4Connect to LSUHSC-S VPN – Windows. 6Download & Configure VPN Client – Firefox . 7Connect to LSUHSC-S VPN – Windows. 10Uninstall VPN Client – Windows . 11Install VPN Client – MAC OS X . 13Connect to SSL VPN – Internet Explorer . 18Connect to SSL VPN – Firefox . 20Connect to SSL VPN – Safari . 23Connect to SSL VPN – Chrome . 26Connect to SSL VPN – Edge Browser (Spartan) (Windows 10 only). 26Remove SSL VPN Connection Details – Windows . 26Legacy Juniper VPN . 27Uninstall Juniper VPN client – Windows . 27Uninstall VPN Client – Mac OS X . 30NOTE: F5 VPN is not compatible with Chrome and Windows 10 (Edge Browser)Versions support:o Windows 32-bit and 64-bit versions Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8 and8.1 Update, Windows 10 running IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox 34 or Chrome 40*. Only 32-bitbrowsers are supportedo Apple OS X 10.10, Apple OS X 10.9, Apple OS X 10.8, and Apple OS X 10.7 devicesrunning Firefox 34, Safari 6.x, Safari 7.x, Safari 8.x, or Chrome 40*. Only manual pluginsinstallation is supported On Chrome versions 34 and above, there is limited feature supportReference:Support: 5000/300/sol15326.htmlCompatibility: https://support.f5.com/kb/en-us/products/big-ip tmlLSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 3 of 31
LSUHSC-S VPN Client (Full Client)Download & Configure VPN Client – Internet Explorer1. Navigate to https://portal.lsuhscshreveport.edu2. Enter LSUHSC user credentialsand password and click“Logon”:3. Click “VPN Client Download”:4. Inside the Internet Explorerwindow, click “Save” whenprompted:LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 4 of 31
5. Once the download is complete,click “Run”:6. When the BIG-IP Edge Client Setupappears, choose “Install”:7. You may see a popup window asking for permission to install, click “Accept” to install as an administrator, thenallow the install to run.8. Allow the install to continueautomatically until you see the“Finish” button click “Finish”.LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 5 of 31
9. Once the install is complete, reboot your computer.10. After you login, a window willappear in your system tray in thelower right hand corner of yourscreen. This window will informyou that the configurationinformation is missing. Click on the“Attention Required!” link.11. This window will pop-up for you toprovide missing serverinformation.12. Type:“portal.lsuhscshreveport.edu”into the blank provided and click“Next”:13. The configuration is now complete, proceed to Connecting to LSUHSC-S VPN - WINDOWConnect to LSUHSC-S VPN – WindowsMethod 1: Using the Start Menu1. Click Start - All Programs - launch “BIG-IP Edge Client”LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 6 of 31
Method 2: Using the System Tray1. Left-click the network icon2. In the window that opens, leftclick “LSUHSC-S SSL VPN” toexpand it.3. Click “Connect”.Download & Configure VPN Client – Firefox1. Navigate to https://portal.lsuhscshreveport.edu2. Enter LSUHSC user credentialsand password and click“Logon”:LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupL L VPN Connection Methods (Thin Client)LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 17 of 31
Connect to SSL VPN – Internet Explorer1. Navigate to https://portal.lsuhscshreveport.edu2. Enter LSUHSC user credentialsand password and click“Logon”:3. Choose “SSL VPN NetworkAccess”:4. Click the “Install the newbrowser component andcontinue”LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 18 of 31
5. Click on the “Run” button6. If you have administratorpermission click “Continue”and proceed to step #8, if notContact the LSU HSCShreveport Service desk 318675-65067. Click on the “Allow” button8. The Connected window shouldbe visible:LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 19 of 31
Connect to SSL VPN – Firefox1. Navigate to https://portal.lsuhscshreveport.edu2. Enter LSUHSC user credentialsand password and click“Logon”:3. Choose “SSL VPN NetworkAccess”:4. If “Firefox prevented this site(portal.lsuhscshreveport.edu)from asking you to installsoftware on your computer”,click the “Allow” button.LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 20 of 31
5. Click “Install Now” to trust thesite plugin:6. Click “Restart Now” to restartFirefox.7. Provide permission by clicking“Continue”.8. Firefox will download files9. You will be prompted for permission up to four (4) times, once for each file that will be installed.LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 21 of 31
10. Upon completion, the SSLconnection will be made and abrowser window will beminimized to the system tray.11. If you need to review theconnection information, rightclick the F5 icon in the systemtray and left-click “Restore”.You can review connectioninformation in this window.12. Once your VPN requirementsare completed, click thedisconnect button on the rightside of that window.LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 22 of 31
Connect to SSL VPN – Safari1. Navigate to https://portal.lsuhscshreveport.edu2. Enter LSUHSC user credentialsand password and click“Logon”:3. Choose “SSL VPN NetworkAccess”:4. Choose “Click here” todownload and save aninstallation package for yourbrowser.LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 23 of 31
5. Navigate to your “Downloads”folder6. Double-click on“mac sslvpn.pkg”7. Choose “Continue”.LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 24 of 31
8. Choose “Install”.9. Enter your local Mac OSpassword.10. Return to Safari and click on“SSL VPN Network Access”11. Choose “Trust”.12. The Connected window shouldlook like this:LSUHSC-S Information Technology GroupLSUHSC-S VPN InstructionsRevision:1.3Page: 25 of 31
Connect to SSL VPN – Chrome1. This Chrome browser is currently unsupported for SSL VPN.2. This is a Chrome designer’s choice due to the handling of browser plugins.Connect to SSL VPN – Edge Browser (Spartan) (Windows 10 only)1. This Windows 10 Edge Browser is currently unsupported for SSL VPN.2. Internet Explorer 11 is included with Windows 10, use it instead of the Edge Browser.Remove SSL VPN Connection Details – Windows1. Navigate to “Network Connections” by selecting the Start button and in the run or search bar type“ncpa.cpl” and press enter.2. In the “Network Connections”window that opens, if theentry exists, select“ Common portal.lsuhscshreveport.edu na – Go toportal.lsuhscshreveport.eduinstead of dialing directly”and click “Delete thisconnection”3. No confirmation other than the entry is removed from the “Network Connections” window.4. If the entry exists, select“LSUHSC-S SSL VPN” and click“Delete this connection”.5. No confirma
3. Click “VPN Client Download”: 4. Choose “Save File” and then choose your “desktop” as your download location, or save to the default “Download” folder. 5. Alternatively, save to the default “Download” folder: 6. When the download comp
SSL VPN Client for Windows/Mac OS ZyWALL 110 VPN Firewall ZyWALL 1100 VPN Firewall USG20W-VPN VPN Firewall ZyWALL 310 VPN Firewall. Datasheet ZyWALL 110/310/1100 and USG20(W)-VPN 5 Model ZyWALL 110 ZyWALL 310 ZyWALL 1100 USG20-VPN USG20W-VPN Prod
VPN Passthrough: having the device installed as an intermediate part of a secure VPN, requires additional VPN gateway. Remote User VPN Site-to-Site VPN Termination PPTP Termination ( refer to page 15) Peplink Site-to-Site VPN ( refer to page 10) . t Requirement System Requirement for Site-to-Site VPN Configuration When configuring a VPN .
MPLS VPN or VPN Tunnel VPN or Hybrid VPN MPLS VPN –AT&T VPN Network-based VPN where the VPN is defined by the capability of the MPLS network Connects sites via a private network using MPLS backbone. Attractive to businesses where Private Networking is most important Higher level of technical expertise required
Chapter 15 IPsec VPN 423 Chapter 16 Dynamic Multipoint VPN (DMVPN) 469 Chapter 17 Group Encrypted Transport VPN (GET VPN) 503 Chapter 18 Secure Sockets Layer VPN (SSL VPN) 521 Chapter 19 Multiprotocol Label Switching VPN (MPLS VPN) 533 Part IV Security Monitoring 559 Chapter 20 Network Intrusion Prevention 561 Chapter 21 Host Intrusion .
VPN Customer Connectivity—MPLS/VPN Design Choices Summary 11. Advanced MPLS/VPN Topologies Intranet and Extranet Integration Central Services Topology MPLS/VPN Hub-and-spoke Topology Summary 12. Advanced MPLS/VPN Topics MPLS/VPN: Scaling the Solution Routing Convergence Within an MPLS-enabled VPN Network Advertisement of Routes Across the .
Free Proxy VPN, super fast VPN to proxy sites, watch videos and movies, protect WiFi . Free VPN Unlimited Proxy - Proxy Master 1.8.9 [Premium]. Download VPN Unlimited for bq BQ5003L Shark Pro, version: 8.0.4 for your . Hi, There you can download APK file "VPN Unlimited" for bq BQ5003L Shark Pro free, apk file . VPN Unlimited — Best VPN .
aroutedistinguisher(mgmt-rd)tothemanagement VPN(mgmt-vpn). Step 7 Router(config-vrf)#rdmgmt-rd ExportsallroutesfortheVPNs(isp1-vpn)route distinguisher. Router(config-vrf)#route-targetexport isp1-vpn-rd Step 8 ImportsallroutesfortheVPNs(isp1-vpn)route distinguisher. Router(config-vrf)#route-target importisp1-vpn-rd Step 9
Go to SETUP - VPN Settings - SSL VPN Server - SSL VPN Policies, create a policy that allow the SSL VPN users to access remote network. Add a SSL VPN policy and follow below parameters on SSL VPN Policy Configuration Page. Policy For: Global Apply Policy to: All Addresses Policy Name: Allow_all_address Begin: 0 End: 65535 Service: All .