ADVERTISEMENT What is an advertisement? An advertisement is a public announcement made through a popular medium like newspapers, magazines, T.V., Radio and the Cinema. An advertisement may be displayed on a placard as well. It is non-personal, oral or visual message regarding a product, a service or an idea. Purpose of writing an advertisement An advertisement attracts immediate attention of the public. It is a very potent tool for promoting sales or services. It is used to influence the minds, tastes and even motives of the masses. Remember, an advertisement is a play of words. It must be very attractive to catch the eye of the reader. Types of Advertisements Classified Commercial or Display They are classified into different types of categories depending on their functions. They are used by the general masses to promote or use services. The only concern in the classified advertisements is to get things noticed with as minimum words as possible. They are inserted by leading manufacturers, establishments, organisations etc. for the publicity and promotion of their products, services or some events.
CLASSIFIED ADVERTISEMENTS 1. Categorised into columns according to different classes. 7. Written in a box to attract attention. 6. Contact name and address is given. Characteristics of Classified Advertisements 5. All the relevant information is provided. 2. Written in short catchy phrases and words. 3. Language used is simple, factual and formal. 4. Short, concise and to the point. Categories of Classified Advertisement 1. Situation Vacant 2. Situation Wanted 3. Sale and Purchase 4. To Let 5. Educational Institutions 6. Lost and Found 7. Travels and Tours 8. Matrimonials 9. Missing Persons / Pet Animals
1. SITUATION VACANT Hotel Lake View. Udaipur, needs young and smart lady receptionists. Write an advertisement to be published in the ‘Situation Vacant’ column of a local newspaper. SITUATION VACANT Wanted convent educated, smart and young ladies in the age group 21-25 with pleasing personalities and fluency in communication to work as receptionists for a reputed five star hotel. Knowledge of a foreign language besides English will be preferred. Handsome salary and Perks. Apply up to 30th June with complete bio-data and recent passport size photograph to Personnel Manager, Hotel Lake View, Udaipur.
2. SITUATION WANTED Here it is an individual who seeks a job. You are Anil Verma of 257, Moti Nagar, New Delhi. You have just passed B.E. (Electrical) in first division from a prestigious Engineering College. You are in need of a job in or around Delhi. Write an advertisement for the ‘Situation Wanted’ column of The Times of India. SITUATION WANTED A first Class B.E. (Electrical) from I.I.T. Delhi seeks a job in or around Delhi. At present working with a private firm in Alwar. Salary expected: 40,000. Please Contact: Anil Verma, 257, Moti Nagar, New Delhi-110039. Phone: 25278431
3. SALE AND PURCHASE You want to sell your flat in Ashok Vihar. Write out an advertisement giving necessary details in about 50 words. FOR SALE For sale, Ashok Vihar, DDA flat, first floor, two bed-rooms. Drawing/ dining with full interiors, car parking available. North/ park facing, located near main market. Reasonable price. Contact: M.L. Goyal, 27263412
You want to purchase a flat. Draft an advertisement in about 50 words for a newspaper, detailing your requirements and your capacity to pay. FOR PURCHASE For purchase DLF Flat in South City/DLF Colony with three bed-rooms, D/D with family lounge. Comer flat preferred. Price around 20 to 25 lacs. Bonafide owners or dealers to contact. M.K. Bhasin, 12, Pandara Road, New Delhi-110001. Phone 23285062. You want to sell your Maruti Car. Draft a suitable advertisement in about 50 words to be published in the ‘For sale’ columns of The Times of India. FOR SALE Available Maruti 800 DX, 2000 Model in excellent working condition. White scratch less, selfdriven, sparingly used. Average 18 km a liter. All accessories intact. Expected price not below 1.40 lacs. Contact. Malhotra, 24673289
You have been transferred to another city. You want to sell certain household goods. Draft a suitable advertisement to be inserted in a newspaper. FOR SALE For immediate sale white LG Washing Machine, Model PX-7 purchased 2015, ONIDA CTV 25”, 2010; sofa set for 7; oval-shaped dining table with 8 chairs. All in excellent condition. Owner transferred. Price negotiable. Contact: Mohan Mehra, Phone 26189023
4. TO LET You want to let out a flat. Prepare an advertisement to this effect for publication in a newspaper, giving location of the building, nature of accommodation, rent expected etc. TO LET Available on rent Sushant Lok, Ansals MIG flats, II floor, two B/Rs, lobby, balcony, fully furnished, well-ventilated. Walking distance from main market & taxi stand. Rent expected 5000 (fixed). Company lease preferred. Contact Subodh 2B/31, Sushant Lok, Ph. 27521012
You are the General Manager Coal India Ltd., New Delhi. Write an advertisement to be published in a newspaper for suitable accommodation on rent to be used as a guesthouse for the company. ACCOMMODATION WANTED Coal India, New Delhi wants suitable accommodation on rent to be used as a guest house. Minimum carpet area of 2500 sq. feet in a posh South Delhi area preferred. Interested parties may please contact 5, Balu, G.M. Coal India, 35 Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi or Phone: 22524876 5. EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
You are the secretary of the Indian Institute of Foreign Languages, Hyderabad. Draft a suitable advertisement to be published in a newspaper announcing the commencement of new courses. EDUCATIONAL IIFL announces the commencement of its short-term courses in French, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish etc. Duration – 6 months. Eligibility – Senior Secondary. Excellent faculty. Computerised training. Incentives for early birds. Ten per cent seats free. Send in your application by the 16th May 20XX or Contact Secretary, Phone 24236709. You are the Director of National Institute of Vocational Studies, New Delhi. Draft a suitable advertisement for publication in a national daily highlighting some of the special features of your institute. VOCATIONAL STUDIES NIVS offers diploma courses in Electronics, laser technology, computer and television hardware/software, fashion-designing etc. Duration – two years. Eligibility – Senior Secondary. Excellent faculty; Well-furnished labs and workshops. One year training. Excellent past record of placement. Quarterly fee – 1500. Last date for Application – 30 May 20XX. Director National Institute of Vocational Studies, 27 Pusa Road, New Delhi. 25374098.
6. LOST AND FOUND You have lost your purse. Draft an advertisement suitable to be given in the local daily. (Invent details). Your advertisement should not exceed 50 words. LOST AND FOUND Lost black leather purse in DTC bus (route no. 315), while travelling between Lucknow Road and Red Fort. Besides cash it contains some very important bills and receipts. Finder will be suitably rewarded. Please contact: Anil Sood, B-67, Lucknow Road, New Delhi or Phone 27618456.
7. TRAVELS AND TOURS Sita Travels, 227 Jagriti Enclave, Delhi offers a package tour for 3 nights / 4 days in Mauritius for 40,000 per person. Draft an advertisement for publication in a national daily in about 50 words. Give necessary details. TRAVEL AND TOURS Attractive package available for Mauritius, 3 nights/ 4 days, breakfast and dinner, stay at 3-star hotel, sightseeing included. Rs 40,000 per person. Special discount for early birds. Contact: Sita Travels, 227 Jagriti Enclave, Delhi. Phone: 25362000.
8. MATRIMONIALS A highly placed IT professional settled in London seeks alliance with an exceptionally beautiful, educated, cultured and tall girl of status Punjabi family. Write a suitable advertisement for the ‘Matrimonial’ column of a national daily. BRIDE WANTED Alliance invited for a very handsome, tall and cultured IT professional 29 years, 180 cm tall NRI settled in London as CEO of a reputed firm. Exceptionally beautiful, highly educated and cultured girl between 21 and 25 and at least 5’-4” tall. Only status Punjabi families. Box 867 B, The Times of India, New Delhi.
9. MISSING PERSONS OR PET ANIMALS
Your nephew, a kid of 5 has got lost. Giving full details of the missing kid draft an advertisement for a newspaper. MISSING KID Missing since Monday afternoon, my nephew Shubham, aged 5, 86 cms, wheatish complexion, curly hair, birth mark below right ear, wearing white shirt, grey trousers and brown shoes. Anyone giving his whereabouts will be suitably rewarded. Contact: Priyanka, 427, Greater Kailash-II, Ph. 25390012. You are P.K. bansal of 57 Rajendra Park, New Delhi. Your pet dog Scobbie is missing. Write an advertisement for the ‘Missing Pet Animals’ columns of a newspaper. MISSINNG PET Missing a dark brown, male labrader, 20’’ high since last Friday. Scobbie is 2 years old, has white strips. He has a hole on his left ear and a strap of black leather round his neck. Informer will be suitably rewarded. Contact P.K. Bansal, 57, rajendra Park, New Delhi. Phone – 25246789.
COMMERCIAL OR DISPLAY ADVERTISEMENTS 5. Language: colourful and lucid — catchy slogans, punch lines, witty expressions and pictures or sketches. 4. Proportionate spacing. 1. Designed for commercial purposes. Characteristics of Commercial or Display Advertisements 3. Visually attractive — varying font size or shape. 2. More space, more expensive in terms of the advertising costs.
All India Publishing House in collaboration with International Trade Authority is organizing 9th International Book Fair at Pragati Maidan for a week beginning from 23rd July. The exhibition will be inaugurated by HRD minister M.M. Joshi. Write an advertisement for publication in national dailies. 9TH INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR 2020 B O B Date 23 July – 30 July O O Time 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. O K Venue Pragati Maidan K S FOR S Inauguration: Dr. M.M. Joshi HRd Minister P 23 July, 9:00 a.m. FOR L L E DISPLAY PROFILE E A S Books for all age groups Computer software & CD forms Teaching aids Audios-Visual aids U I S U R R E SPECIAL ATTRACTIONS E J Meet the author – communicative sessions Get signed copies – first 500 only 15 % discount on all purchases No entry fee Organisers: International Trade Company sponsored By: All India Publishing House
M/s Bright Vision have produced a new television named ‘Home Theatre’. Draft an advertisement for a local daily to promote the sale of the television. Offer a Kodak Camera free along with the television to those who buy it before March 30. WATCH & CLICK OFFER Free A CLICK N SHOOT CAMERA When you buy HOME THEATRE 31’’ flat screen HI-FI SOUND SYSTEM COMPETITIVE PRICE BUT HURRY This is a limited offer Open upto 30 March Contact Your nearest dealer Today BRIGHT VISION TELEVISIONS The promise of a happy home
What is an advertisement? An advertisement is a public announcement made through a popular medium like newspapers, magazines, T.V., Radio and the Cinema. An advertisement may be displayed on a placard as well. It is non-personal, oral or visual message regarding a product, a service or an idea. Purpose of writing an advertisement
Shabahat Husain Department of Library Science Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India A Theoretical Basis for the Accomodation of New Subjects in Colon Classification Edition 7 Husain, A.: A theoretical basis for the accomodation of new sub j
BSc (Hons) Botany (main), Zoology & 1st Aligarh Muslim University Chemistry MSc Botany with specialization 1st Aligarh Muslim University in Plant Pathology MPhil Botany - Aligarh Muslim University PhD Plant Virology - Wage
Ranching Advertisement Analysis Directions: Use the advertisement below then answer the questions. Date: Basic Elements of an Advertisement What is it an advertisement for? List the information the advertisement provides about the product. What images has the advertiser chosen to use? Why? How does the advertisement attempt to get your attention?
semiotic analysis utilization, particularly in connotative, is to seek the advertisement meaning in an advertisement. For instance, an advertisement from Indonesian e-commerce, i.e., Bukalapak, with its agate advertisement where the connotative meaning of such a scene is that the buyer buys something from an online transaction that
Name, Official Address and Email Telephones Office Residence (Mobile) Fax Number 1. Prof. Mohammad Shoaib Zaheer Secretary, University Games Committee Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh-202 002 (UP) firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org 0571- 2700920 2700921 2700916
6. ASSAM SANSKRIT BOARD Kahilipara, Guwahati- 19, Fax: 0361 -2382286; Email: email@example.com 7. STATE MADRASSA EDUCATION BOARD, ASSAM Govt. of Assam, Office of the Director of Madrassa Education& Secretary, State Madrassa Education Board, Assam Kahilipara, Guwahati- 781019, 8. ALIGARH MUSLIM UNIVERSITY Aligarh -202002 (U.P)
Study the Dynamic Behaviour of Distillation Column with Fundamental Modelling and Simulation by MATLAB . Gaurav Shukla . Chemical Engineering Department, Aligarh Muslim University . Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh 202001 . Abstract— A continuous distillation column shown in Fig.
999 battle deaths, while conflicts resulting in 1,000 or more battle deaths are coded as major civil wars. As most contemporary conflicts are intrastate conflicts, this paper focuses mainly on these. Uppsala classifies violent conflict in three different categories: 1) state-based armed conflicts, 2) non-state conflicts and 3) episodes of one-sided violence.While “state-based armed conflicts .